At smartclip, we are shaping the future of video advertising — by delivering advanced online video and TV advertising solutions. Our proprietary technology and services empower brands with true cross-screen storytelling on all devices, and enable broadcasters and publishers to monetise their content in the most efficient and effective way possible. As a subsidiary of Mediengruppe RTL Deutschland, smartclip is part of RTL Group — Europe’s leading free-to-air broadcaster group.
We are currently building out a central European marketing team that is disrupting the status quo — just like we strive to do in every other department — by reinventing how B2B marketing is done in the video adtech industry. We are looking for an experienced Freelance Events Manager to join our growing team, and help us enhance our organisation’s image, improve client/partner loyalty, and enhance our brand-to-client experience.
As the Freelance Events Manager Europe (f/m/d), you will be responsible for researching and securing venues, planning and managing our events’ calendar, negotiating quotes and agreements with vendors, assisting with event marketing and swag, monitoring timeframes and budgets, networking, and delivering on event brief objectives.
- Brainstorming and implementing event plans and concepts.
- Handling budgeting and invoicing.
- Liaising and negotiating with vendors.
- Negotiating sponsorship deals.
- Handling logistics.
- Updating senior management on all organisational topics.
- Keeping speakers / attendees informed at all times.
- Collaborate with in-house brand and content teams to ensure brand consistency.
- Developing event feedback surveys.
- Obtaining permits.
- Reporting on business impact of events.
- Communication and marketing skills.
- Project management experience.
- Highly organised.
- Good time management.
- Proficiency in various event software.
- Expert interpersonal skills.
- Risk management experience.
- English skills are a must.
- Experience working in the adtech industry
- Degree in public relations, communications, or hospitality.
- Based in Hamburg or Berlin
Our headquarters are in Hamburg but we also have physical offices in Berlin, Cologne, Gütersloh, Stockholm, Oslo, Helsinki, Amsterdam, Milan, and Rome. While it is preferred that you are based in Hamburg or in a city where we currently have an office, we are also open to remote work from anywhere in Germany, Nordics, Italy, or the Netherlands.
If any of this sounds interesting, please apply now with a cover letter, CV, and portfolio (or examples of published work)!
smartclip is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, age, gender, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or any other diverse characteristics.