At smartclip we are shaping the future of video and TV advertising. Our proprietary technology empowers advertisers and agencies with true cross-screen storytelling on all devices, and enables publishers to monetise their content in the most efficient and effective way possible. The smartclip portfolio encompasses best-in-class broadcasters, publishers, and brands that seek to traverse the boundaries of traditional advertising by delivering innovative, premium video ad experiences that propel the industry forward.
smartclip is Europe’s largest open adtech development unit designed specifically for European broadcasters and streaming services. As a subsidiary of Mediengruppe RTL Deutschland, smartclip is part of RTL Group — Europe’s leading free-to-air broadcaster group. Headquartered in Hamburg, smartclip has offices in Berlin, Munich, Düsseldorf, Gütersloh, Stockholm, Oslo, Helsinki, Amsterdam, Milan and Rome.
smartclip is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, nationality, age, gender, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or any other diverse characteristics.
For more information follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Business Product Owners are playing a key role in our product and technology delivery. They act as the interface between the users of the smartclip’s leading adtech platform and the product & technology development teams.
Smartclip is operating some of the most advanced audience solutions in the market. Under strict consideration of the highest privacy standards we are enabling market leading targeting solutions for advertisers based on TV consumption behavior. Instead of trying to stalk users for disclosing their data, we rely on panel based measurement for anonymous, probabilistic targeting approaches. Your role will be to evolve our data products along advertiser needs and privacy requirements. Being at the forefront of major market and legal developments, this will require thorough understanding of segmentation algorithms and privacy regulations. In these exciting times it is up to you to understand the needs and requirements of our leading publisher clients and advertisers and bring them together. You will translate those requests into simple and user friendly approaches to make this data available for campaign operators.
Beyond the feature implementation you are also playing a vital role in the prioritization of feature requirements. You will be the person to assess the potential value add of the different feature requirements and to discuss the prioritization of with the different stakeholders. If necessary you are also in direct contact with our biggest clients to directly discuss feature designs. The breadth of tasks are making the job one of the most colorful and varied roles in our company but at the same time requires a very good understanding of the business combined with a solid knowledge of ad serving technology, paired with good communication skills.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Responsible for designing, having a clear product vision for TV DMP and audience products. Well, structured and transparent backlog maintenance, based on information from the business owners and the market, regarding identity solutions and audience management features we provide to our clients.
- Making sure all Identity and Audience solutions are kept up to date and meet all privacy regulations set.
- Handling communication with the business stakeholders, regarding requirements, business importance and planning.
- Contributes and assists in the creation of the general product roadmap by supplying clear feature requirements with appropriate business based prioritization.
- Understands and maps out the dependencies of the product and its features to 3rd parties and the different technical product units.
- Responsibly for understanding the product both fully from a business as from a technical perspective to be able to translate the business requirements into initial technical requirements.
- Joint client calls upon request to facilitate and assist in requirement clarifications and consultancy.
- Monitors the use and success of the responsible products and supplies our training and product marketing team with input to have and maintain appropriate functional documentation.
Requirements and qualifications
- Experience and understanding of current privacy regulations, how they impact the digital advertising industry and the standards in place.
- A good understanding of machine learning and predictive analytics uses and know clustering and segmentation approaches from your professional practice
- Familiarity with 1st party and 3rd party data and Audience management tools.
- Strong analytical background ideally with experiences in predictive analytics and data mining tools
- At least 2 years of experience in Product Ownership/Management
- Working knowledge of product development architectures and processes
- Ability to balance technical knowledge with business sense
- High degree of organizational skills, individual initiative and personal accountability
- Proven track record in launching new products or features in partnership with the technical teams and business units.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire business owners to drive collaboration and alignment.
- Fluent in English, both written and verbally. Any additional language (German, Dutch, Italian and Spanish) is a big plus.
- Whether Mac, Linux, Windows or a specific tool, you will receive your state-of-the-art work tools with top equipment
- High degree of flexibility – parents with small children are also welcome, because we understand that flexible solutions are especially important here
- Interesting projects using the latest technologies with plenty of scope for personal design and development
- A wide range of training opportunities, both personal and professional, that are tailored to you
- Appropriate and attractive salary
- Modern office space with the possibility to work in the Mobile Office.
- Company social benefits, such as discounted fitness offers, JobRad, fresh fruit and drinks and joint company celebrations
- Collegial and pleasant working atmosphere in a competent team
Are you convinced?
We look forward to receiving your application!