Front-Loaded (Pacing)

Front-loaded is a smartx pacing setting where the ad server will try to deliver the majority of the impressions in the first half of the campaign. After 50% of the time, 66.7% of the impression goal should have been delivered. The remaining 33.3% should be delivered evenly during the remaining 50% of the time. An advertiser might choose front-loaded pacing when launching a product – the main ‘splash’ will be at the start, but ads will continue to appear to maintain awareness and potentially convert more hesitant buyers. See also, Pacing.