9 October 2023
Last modified: 14 March, 2022
Back-loaded is a smartx pacing setting where the ad server will try to deliver more impressions toward the end of the campaign. After 50% of the time, 33.3% of the total impressions should have been delivered. The remaining 66.7% should be distributed evenly over the remaining 50% of the time. Back-loaded pacing might be selected if an advertiser is running promotions leading up to an event, as more impressions will be delivered as the event gets closer. See also, Pacing.