6 June 2020
European broadcasters are at a pivotal crossroads. Digitalisation and changes in consumption behaviours have and continue to fundamentally reshape the entire TV advertising ecosystem. At the same time, powerful Silicon Valley players have made significant advances to the small screen by providing TV-like services and content offerings — placing significant competitive pressure on European broadcasters. Taken together, these changes require broadcasters to rethink their long-term strategies in order to not only capture new growth opportunities but more importantly, maintain their premier position in European markets.
Addressable TV (ATV) advertising marries the best of TV with the best of digital, and represents a viable countermeasure to tech giants — and one that solves for the evolving needs of advertisers who are eager to employ the same degree of data-driven tactics used across internet platforms to TV advertising.
smartclip Europe has launched a white paper that provides an analysis of the state of ATV advertising across Europe, with emphasis on the opportunities that smartclip’s ATV advertising solutions provide to European broadcasters. We bundle our overview with insights captured from interviews with senior industry executives — including members of RTL Group, Atresmedia, M6 Publicité, Discovery Inc, RTL AdConnect, and Ad Alliance.
Highlights from the white paper:
- Learn more about major changes in the TV advertising ecosystem and effective ways in which European broadcasters are evolving their content strategies and reasserting their role in the industry
- Understand what ATV advertising means, how it can be broken down and categorised, and the most important ATV opportunities for European broadcasters
- Understand what is needed (i.e. data management, technical infrastructure, targeting capabilities, and ad execution) to successfully enable ATV solutions at scale
- Explore basic and innovative targeting options and ad formats offered by smartclip, with real-world use cases
- Learn from industry experts and gain insights into ATV trends and opportunities, hurdles, and future projections for major TV markets across Europe
Download our white paper here!