Our data privacy statement sets out how we handle personal data. We are aware of the importance to users of how personal data is handled and we assure you that we observe all relevant legal requirements. We consider the protection of your privacy to be of paramount importance. For this reason, compliance with the legal requirements on data privacy is, for us, a matter of course.
Data privacy relevant information on the other products of smartclip can be accessed on our privacy portal at https://privacy-portal.smartclip.net.
smartclip Europe GmbH
Data protection commissioner
Contact our data protection commissioner
For all questions and concerns regarding your data, please contact email@example.com.
If you wish to communicate directly with our data protection commissioner (e.g. concerning a particularly sensitive issue), please contact by post, as communication by email can be subject to security gaps. Please indicate in the inquiry that your concern relates to the company smartclip.
ePrivacy GmbH represented by:
Prof. Dr. Christoph Bauer
Große Bleichen 21
20354 Hamburg – Germany
Representative of controllers or processors not established in UK (Article 27 UK GDPR):
UK Representative Service for GDPR Ltd.
7 Savoy Court
London WC2R 0EX
Personal data refers to any information about personal or factual circumstances of an identified or identifiable person. This includes information and details such as your name, home address or other postal address, telephone number and also your email address.
Your data is handled according to the following legal provisions:
- With regard to data communicated in forms, etc. with your consent, Art. 6(1)(a) GDPR
- With regard to services you use for the performance of a contract, Art. 6(1)(b) GDPR
- Otherwise, with particular regard to statistical data and online identifiers with your consent, Art 6(1)(a) GDPR
- Otherwise, with particular regard to log files based on legitimate interests, Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR (see below)
When handling your data, we pursue the following legitimate interests:
- Improve the offering
- Make it more user-friendly
- Identify and resolve errors
- Control server workloads
Unless otherwise specified, we obtain the data from you (including via devices used by you).
Data transfer to third countries
Data is transferred to third countries outside the European Union. This is done on the basis of contractual regulations stipulated by law that ensure appropriate protection of your data and that are available for you to view on request.
We retain your data under the following circumstances:
- If you have consented to this as part of processing, until such time as you withdraw your consent
- If we need the data to undertake an agreement, until such time as the contractual relationship with you ceases or legal retention periods expire
- If we use the data on the basis of legitimate interest, until such time as your overriding interest obliges us to delete or anonymise them
Purposes of use
Personal data will only be collected by us to the extent and for the purpose for which you provide the data to us, e.g. for registration.
We use and store your personal data as part of our services for the following purposes only if you have provided us with your expressed consent:
- Marketing Communications
Every time you access our web pages, usage data is transferred through your specific web browser and stored in the form of protocol files (known as server log files). The datasets stored in this way contain the following data:
- The domain from which the user is accessing the website
- Date and time of access
- IP address of the accessing computer
- Website(s) which the user is visiting in the context of the offering
- Amount of data transferred; browser type and version
- Operating system used; name of internet service provider
- Indication of whether access was successful
These logfile datasets are analysed in anonymised form, to improve the offering and make it more user friendly, to identify and resolve errors, and to control server workloads.
Cookies are small files that your browser stores on your PC in a directory designated specifically for this purpose. These cookies can be used, e.g. to find out whether you have already visited a website. Most browsers accept cookies automatically. Nevertheless, you can change the settings in your browser, so that no cookies can be stored or so that your explicit agreement is required before any cookies are stored. You can also delete previously set cookies at any time. Please note that disabling cookies may result in your use of our website being restricted.
This website contains a link to the Twitter service which is offered by Twitter Inc. (1355 Market St., Suite 900, San Francisco, CA, 94103, USA). It is not a plugin which sends out data to the Twitter service. The link only serves the purpose for the user to get in touch with smartclip. By activating the link the user will be taken to the Twitter website.
This website contains a link to the LinkedIn service from LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (LinkedIn). It is not a plugin which sends out data to the LinkedIn service. The link only serves the purpose for the user to get in touch with smartclip. By activating the link, the user will be taken to the LinkedIn website.
More information on the LinkedIn data privacy handling can be found at https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy.
We use third-party services for various functions on our website.
This website contains a plugin from Hubspot Inc., 25 First Street, 2nd Floor, Cambridge, MA 02141 USA (Hubspot). This service allows us to manage subscriber email addresses and send newsletters. By subscribing on our website, the user’s personal data will be stored on Hubspot’s server and processed. More information on the HubSpot data privacy handling can be found at https://legal.hubspot.com/product-privacy-policy.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service, operated by Google Limited (Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland). We use the data collected by Google Analytics to optimize our website. Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”. These are text files that are stored on your computer and that allow an analysis of the use of the website by you. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there.
Google Analytics cookies are processed according to Art. 6 (1) (1) lit. f) GDPR. smartclip has a legitimate interest in analyzing user behavior to optimize its website.
If you do not wish Google Analytics to track your data, please click here to opt-out: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
This website uses Usercentrics, a consent management service. It is operated by Usercentrics GmbH, Sendlinger Str. 7, 80331 Munich, Germany (Usercentrics). The service allows us to be compliant with legal obligations and store consent.
More information on Usercentrics’ data handling can be found here: https://usercentrics.com/privacy-policy/
Rights of the data subject
Your right to access, rectify, object, complain, erase and block data usage is explained below.
- You have the right to request information about whether and which personal data is processed by our company. You also have the right to demand that your personal data is rectified or amended.
- Under certain circumstances, you have the right to request that your personal data should be deleted.
- Under certain circumstances, you have the right to demand that the processing of your personal data should be restricted.
- You can withdraw your consent to the processing and use of your data completely or partially at any time with future application.
- You have the right to obtain your personal data in a common, structured and mechanically readable format.
- If you have any questions, comments, complaints or requests in connection with our statement on data protection and the processing of your personal data, you can also contact our data protection officer in detail.
- You also have the right to complain to the responsible supervisory authority if you believe that the processing of your personal data is in violation of the legislation.
You reach us as follows:
Am Anger 33
Data privacy requests are going to be stored in a ticket system, which is used for the communication on that matter via email.
Date of issue of this data privacy statement
17 August 2020
We reserve the right to make amendments at any time to this data privacy statement for future effect.